February 8, 2011

Thar be Monsters Here!

...well actually one monster... downrange.

My Newest adopted soldier shares my love of Monty Python a British comedy group who made such funny films as "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" (which has also been turned into a Musical).

So when it came time for me to send him something amusing (to break the ice on the whole "weird gifts sent from the Goofy Aussie girl") I needed to find him something cute and fluffy and teddy-bear like.
But not an actual Teddy-bear - after all - he's a big tough USA Army Sgt and they have a reputation of Manliness to uphold and perpetuate. Or so I'm told :)*

So I searched, and searched, and searched some more, and found him something that I thought might be *just the thing*.  And had it sent off to him at his dry & dusty base.

Behold and quiver at the mightiness of the Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh  
(also known as "Joey")

It seems Joey's fitting in nicely - and has developed a taste for shiny dog tags....

and a good appreciation of an effective firearm...

I haven't heard yet how he goes with Holy Hand Grenades but I'm willing to beat he can count to at least five three.

As a substitute Teddy-bear for my adoptee I think he's going well!

*I also believe in truth, justice, the pursuit of happiness and the Easter Bunny!

This post brought to you by the numbers three and five; the Letter Y and as a "go on - mention Joey" plea from someone that shall remain unnamed err he sayeth "Ni" at me.

4 comments:

  1. None shall Pass!

    Bring out your dead, bring out your dead!
    (but I'm not dead yet)

    I am King Arthur, king of all the Brits. (what's a Brit?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I love him, but isn't Joey an unfitting name for him? He looks like a Thor! You are so kind to the soldiers. You rock! Thanks for taking care of the troops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should’ve sent him a Barbie and Ken Dolls modified with the proper parts. That would have been a ball around the compound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. <Roller-Dude - I adore you! :) [and hence forth shall call you Sir Dude-alot ;D]

    <Momma - I believe "Joey" is going to be writing me a guess blog. We shall have to ask about the origin of the name.

    <Coffeypot - anatomically correct ken dolls... ewwww...

    ReplyDelete