June 30, 2010

Musical interlude aka Pax is being dull

http://marionsmeepings.blogspot.com/2010/06/musical-interlude-aka-pax-is-being-dull.html

My Johnny was a shoemaker and did he love me
My Johnny was a shoemaker but now he's gone to sea
With pitch and tar to soil his hands
And to sail across the sea, stormy sea
And sail across the stormy sea

His jacket was a deep sky-blue and curly was his hair
His jacket was a deep sky-blue, it was a do declare
For to reeve the top sails up against the mast
And to sail across the sea, stormy sea
And sail across the stormy sea

Some day he'll be a captain bold with a brave and a gallant crew
Some day he'll be a captain bold with a sword and spy glass too
And when he has his gallant captain's sword
He'll come home and marry me, marry me
He'll come home and marry me

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsty.com/lyrics/s/steeleye_span/#share

3 comments:

  1. Nostalgia. Gotta love it! I really don't want anything to do with my Captain. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He ain't gonna marry ye. He has a gal in every port. AARRRRRHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the bored feelings.
    Pretty much that right now.
    Think I find some Ice Cream and wallow my boredness in it for a while.

    Coffeypot you should know about having a girl in every port...Swabbie that you are.

    Miss Em

    ReplyDelete