October 23, 2010

Pax confused...

Wait! What!! - when did it suddenly become the end of October?!?

I am woefully behind on *everything* and just realised that I should have started working out the adoptee's Christmas stockings at least a month ago :(  [advanced planning required if you're half a world away from where things have to be shipped to]

Sadly this year I can't afford to treat every one's team with stockings (It was lots of fun last year but the postage costs alone were staggering - Team DarkSide Cookies are both having to watch our pennies a bit more carefully this year). I think we supplied about 26 or so stockings - full of both Aussie & USA treats - and loved every minute of the plotting.  [Team DSC consists of myself and the Fabulous Vicki in California who took delivery of everything, sorted it out into stockings, added lots of extra goodies and then shipped it all out. She's amazing! :)]

And I'm sure I read somewhere online that the "Guaranteed to deliver to troops for Christmas" deadline was earlier this year (sometime in November?!?) - still trying to remember where I saw that so I can go back and check.

MEEEEP!!!!!!

So... utterly unorganised... lacking in clues... the Boys sure are gonna be *surprised* this year :D.

Hmm.. maybe I can see if Amazon will ship small Christmas trees for me? that would be a starting point (often I get the whole "will not ship to that address" problem - meaning they realise it's going out of country via a military address and won't allow it due to liability clauses. May need to re-route to an assistant for resending... OOOH VICKI!!!!! :D)

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think you are too good to the boys. But then I have to ask what is too good for a bunch of guys out doing the hard stuff. You are an angle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Hell!!!! after that build up what can I say sept bring um on girlfriend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. >Coffeypot. I sometimes think I don't do enough - it's hard to balance what I would like to do with contraints of finances. But I'll keep perservering - and sending up prayers as well as parcels downrange.

    >Thanks Miss Vicki :). I have found a possible source of Koala Christmas baggies so will let you know when received

    Pax

    ReplyDelete