|1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.|
The rules of the blog-fest are as follows:
1. Copy and paste the award on our blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award.
3. Pick our five favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs.
And since re-using Song as an extension of literary expression and explanation is so popular (and effective) let's give the Beatles "Love me Do" an outing shall we? [Liebe being the German word for "love" I am advised]
Liebe, Liebe Me do!
Awww Linky love from two of the people that I think make the world (mine and yours both) better in general!
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award
The First nomination was from NavyOne over at The Mellow Jihadi. N1 burst upon the blogging scene last year - keen, fit and always able to use the correct instance of Your and You're [and would turn green at the idea of "Irregardless" being used as a real word. Sigh... what a guy!]. A True Officer and a Gentleman [I even hear he's "Dashing" - hither and yon], I read his blog on a daily basis and always go away more educated (and amused) than I began.
The Second nomination was from America's First Sgt over at Castra Praetoria. I have been following the Good 1st Sgt's (soon to be SgtMajor!) writings since 2009 (not long after I first began my milsupporting). Over the years he's been kind, helpful and always accepting of my (occasionally foolish) attempts to make him smile. I can best sum him up by saying that - the World can sleep well at night knowing that He and His Marines are there to protect us from the Ravening Hordes of Zombies and Killer Krill. Go read his words and become a fellow follower (just don't offer him weird Australian Candy cause that's *MY* role in life :D)
You know I Liebe you
3.Pick our five favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers, and leave a comment
on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
1. Charlie Sherpa over at Red Bull Rising. I first met Charlie online back in February 2010. He was then an active member of the Iowa National Guard and a magazine journalist in his day job. In the intervening years I've read his posts on military tales, returned veteran support information and how his deployments and commitments to the guard impacted on his family. Charlie is now retired from the Guards (retirement coming at an awkward time - just as he was due to redeploy downrange with his unit) Charlie's determination about helping to see the job through saw him eventually rejoin his troop as an embedded reporter - and he is now writing a book about his experiences.
2. MaryAnn over at Soldier's Angels Germany blog. She has been the solid rock of SA's office at the Landstuhl Regional Medical Centre. Their mission - As the official Soldiers' Angels organization in Germany, our mission is to support patients medevaced to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center from Iraq and Afghanistan.
3. Airman Mom. A Good soul who posts both the good and sad news.
4. Mud Puppy over at Embrace the Suck. I liebe that regardless of his topic he always ends with "Love you Mom".
5. Cpl Beddoe at Marine Corps Web Log (formerly known as USMC81 in a former blog format). A Good man - his posts are always informative
Sadly Momma Fargo over at The Boogie Man is My Friend exceeds the followers limit (she is a wee bit popular!) but a better word scribe nor someone with a Bigger Heart and Soul you could not meet. Go read her blog if you haven't already found her.
Gosh that was harder than I expected. I first had to winnow out all those that have received the award already (OldNFO; Coffeypot) and those that exceeded the Rule about follower limits (so many popular people!); and sadly those that are no longer with us (Sgt Charlie)
I'll always be true
I love that I have 'meet' so many wonderful people via the Internet and the Blogger-sphere. All have touched my life and makes me strive to be a better, more open-hearted (and above all Grammatically-Correct person).
So please, Liebe me do
Liebe to you all!